Date of Last Revision: 8/18/2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, country, or any other information collection on the Websites or Apps that is defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as whether you are a current user, product interests, or information related to your inquiry or request;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites or Apps, and usage details; and/or
- possibly including any medical information you disclose, including protected health information (“PHI”) or other related health information.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information that you provide on our Websites or Apps. This includes information provided when you sign up for our Services; when we process or respond to your inquiries related to requests for treatment, payment, customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Websites or Apps.
- Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and Apps and of the fulfillment of your inquiries or requests.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
- Details of your visits to our Websites or Apps, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites or Apps.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites or Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites or Apps
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To carry out the Services and, as applicable, facilitate the provision of health care services to you by physician or other health care provider and ensure that the physicians or health care providers have the services and support necessary for health care operations.
- To communicate with you about the Websites, Apps, and Services, or your use of the Websites, Apps, and Services, and send you communications on behalf of physicians or other health care providers utilizing the Services to meet your needs.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Websites, Apps, and Services.
- To verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- In order to ensure that content from our Websites and Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile phone, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Websites and Apps safe and secure.
- To communicate with you about our products and Services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our thirdparty partners.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites, Apps, or Services.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal and state law
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- To health care providers (i) to schedule and fulfill appointments and provide health care services as part of the Services, (ii) to whom you send messages through our Services, and (iii) for other treatment, payment or health care operations purposes, including pharmacy services, upon your request.
- To health care organizations, pharmacies, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the Services.
- To our third party service providers that provide services such as the hosting our Websites or Apps, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- To any third parties we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ro’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ro about our Website or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you email us asking us to contact a third party (including a medical professional), we may transmit the contents of
your email to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our customers across third party websites.
Promotional Offers from us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own products or Services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interestbased advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING & DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may contact us at the address below—or by emailing email@example.com —to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. If Ro deletes your user account, medical providers and other affiliates may still have the right to retain information as required by applicable law, regulations, or their own retention policy. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Unless otherwise required by law, We will also erase personal information when the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal information has been unlawfully aprocessed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Websites and Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites or Apps.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites or Apps; any transmission is at your own risk.
USE BY MINORS
Third Party Pixels and Cookies
CEO & Chief Privacy Officer
2711 South Loop Drive, Suite 4400
Ames, Iowa 50010-8656