Oh, my knees! Oh, my hips! Oh, I’m getting old!
The first thing we say when we start hearing the clicking and clacking of our joints is – That’s it…I’m officially old! Right? Well, it doesn’t have to be this way and my guest today explains why!
Dr. Angela Cortal specializes in helping women improve their joint and hormone health using functional medicine. We discuss how the aches and pains don’t have to be the end of the vibrant lives we lead. She explains the 7 Steps for Younger Joints and how hormones are a big part of the process. Who knew there was a connection! She sees her patients flourish from her methods as she helps them move and feel their best through any stage of life.
Movin’ and Groovin’ as smoothly as possible is the goal as we #LiveAgeless.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- [2:18] I’m Getting Old…Show’s over!
- [3:26] As You Get Older, You Will…
- [5:30] 7 Steps to Younger Joints
- [14:37] Help your Bones, Help the Collagen
- [17:48] Incomplete Diagnosis
- [21:20] Joints do the Movin’, Muscle Does the Groovin’
- [24:00] It’s Not How You Feel, But What’s Going On
- [24:47] Hormones + Joint/Bone Health = Age
- [27:00] Side-Effect of Aging
- [28:00] Estrogen keeps The Spine Squishy
- [30:50] There Was an Old Lady that Fractured her Hip
- [32:27] Supplements are Personal
- [40:50] The Last Resort
- [46:45] Start with Your Mindset and Avoid the Pain
About the Guest:
Dr. Angela Cortal helps women improve their joint and hormone health using functional medicine. She is passionate about helping her patients move and feel their best through any stage of life. She works one-on-one with patients in person and virtually through her Oregon-based medical practice. Her soon to be published book is a culmination of her decade-plus experience helping patients naturally reverse hormone dysfunction and joint pain.
Links mentioned in this episode and ways you can connect.