As women we wear many hats and play many roles. We are expected to take care of everything – spouse, children, home, career…and that’s just the beginning! We take on task after task believing we can do it all. We wear this overwhelming amount of stress as a badge of honor but when we seek to take a break from it all we feel guilty. Sound familiar?
My guest today is Brodie Welch, a licensed Acupuncturist, board-certified herbalist, and self-care strategist. She works with women to Level Up their lives. She explains how stress overrides our self-respect and in order to gain it back we must engage in self-care. It is once we take care of ourselves we are able to put our best selves forward for our families and for the world.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- [4:29] Stress Overrides our Self-Respect
- [6:00] Oh, the Guilt!
- [13:10] One and Done…No!
- [13:33] True Self-Care is not Sexy
- [14:30] Balance is not equal parts of the Pie
- [18:11] Health is a Spectrum and You’re In Charge of It!
- [22:40] Stress = Disease
- [23:30] Choices Take Energy and Habits on Autopilot
- [26:10] Fastest way to Manage Stress is Through Your Breath
- [30:30] It’s not All or Nothing…it’s About Commitment
- [30:55] What will Future Me want Me to do Now?
- [35:40] When We Override our Energy Integrity We are Not Honoring Ourselves
- [37:15] You have a Right to To Take Care of Yourself
- [38:05] This is How We Change the Culture as Women
- [39:15] You Cannot Give from An Empty Cup
About the Guest:
Brodie Welch is a Licensed Acupuncturist, board-certified herbalist, and self-care strategist. Brodie helps self-aware, high-achieving women break the cycle of stress, overwhelm, and self-sabotage so they can enjoy the lives they’re working so hard to create, and truly embody self-respect. Working at the confluence of wellness and personal development, she has helped thousands of clients optimize their weight, digestion, hormones, sleep, mood, and vitality. A lifelong student of consciousness, Brodie has been practicing meditation, yoga, and qi gong for over twenty years and holds teaching certifications in each of these disciplines. She synthesizes ancient techniques from Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, and yoga with the latest research in neuroscience, functional medicine and habit change to help her clients thrive.
Links mentioned in this episode and ways you can connect.