Ladies, you know what I’m talking about! Ever since giving birth to our beautiful babies we have found that when we laugh, cough or sneeze it happens…yup, we pee a little. Incontinence is a topic that we women don’t talk about but it’s something that affects many of us. It can be frustrating and embarrassing at times but there are things we can do to help.
Joining me today is Dr. Betsy Greenleaf and she is here to educate us! She specializes in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. She is also the first female in the United States to become board certified in Urogynecology. Dr. Greenleaf explains what exactly is happening to our pelvic floor and the vagina as we age and what are the latest treatments available.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- [6:00] Oops, I think I peed a little
- [8:50] How does age affect this?
- [9:45] Gravity and my Pelvic Floor
- [11:05] What do you mean it Drops!
- [14:12] Ok, why didn’t my GYN tell me?
- [17:12] The Pelvic Floor muscles need a work out
- [20:30] Do the Finger Squeeze.
- [24:15] You age inside too!
- [26:11] What about Sex?
- [28:15] Lubricants and Osmolality
- [33:05] Lasers, Radiofrequency and Infrared Light in the Vagina?
- [37:58] DIET…the MOST IMPORTANT!
About the Guest:
Dr. Betsy A.B. Greenleaf, DO, FACOOG (Distinguished) Premier women’s health expert, inventor, and business leader, who specializes in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery for over 20 years, Dr Greenleaf is a trailblazer as the first female in the United States to become board certified in Urogynecology. She possesses a professional reputation that has led to being sought after by medical societies, associations, and corporations to provide lectures, teaching, and advanced training. Dr.Greenleaf holds prominent positions on many national women’s health organizations and serves as spokesperson for the American Osteopathic Association. Dr. Greenleaf takes a holistic body-mind-spirit approach to healing and wellness. She believes many of the answers to a healthy life are found within.
Links mentioned in this episode and ways you can connect.