- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add butternut squash, potato, and red pepper to a large bowl. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large dutch oven to medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy. (about 5-6 minutes)
- Remove bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Leave the remaining bacon grease in the dutch oven and add the onions to it. Saute onions until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the fresh sage, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg. Saute for 30 seconds and add in the vegetable broth. Stir to combine.
- At this point, the vegetables in the oven should be done. Add those vegetables to the dutch oven. Stir and cover. Let cook for 15 more minutes.
- Add soup mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, or use an immersion blender.
- Serve, top with fresh herbs, crispy bacon, and chopped chives.
This soup is loaded with fiber from the squash and vegetables, and vitamins including A and C. It's also loaded with flavor!
Be sure to eat a nutrient-rich diet loaded in fiber, vitamins, and minerals and supplement with AgelessLX to stay youthful and lean!