Roasted Brussels sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly greases the 2 foil-lined baking sheets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil each.
- Make sure brussels sprouts have trimmed ends and yellow leaves are removed. Then, slice all Brussels sprouts in half. In a medium bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt (to taste), and toss to combine. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet, cut side down, and roast in the oven at 400°F for about 20-25 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, turn them over for even browning, the cut sides should be nicely and partially charred but not blackened.
Roasted butternut squash:
- In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded), 1 tablespoon
- of olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon, and toss to mix.
- Place butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through baking until softened.
In a large bowl, combine roasted brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, pecans, and cranberries, and mix to combine.
For more sweetness, add 2 or 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, if desired – do not add all maple syrup at once, start with 2 tablespoons, then add more, if desired, and toss with the salad ingredients to combine.