Chicken, Squash and Guac Bowl
- 2 cups prepared wild/brown rice or quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 red onion, sliced into
- ¼-inch slice
- 2 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise *
- 1 cup guacamole
* May use leftover chicken from ‘Slow Cooker Whole Chicken’. If doing so, halve the
amounts used for spice seasoning to use on vegetables only.
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.Stir in cilantro and keep warm.
- Warm up beans in a small saucepan or in the microwave and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line a 9 X 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, chili powder, kosher salt and pepper.
- In a medium size bowl, toss butternut squash and onions with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Spread out seasoned veggies on sheet pan
- Using the same bowl with the rest of the seasoning, add the chicken and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Toss to coat well. Place the chicken on the parchment lined sheet pan but do not layer on the vegetables, instead lay chicken alongside the vegetables.
- Place the sheet pan on the middle rack of the hot oven and cook for 11-13 minutes until chicken develops a caramelized crust.
- Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate. Slice or chop chicken then cover with foil. Return sheet pan to the oven and continue cooking vegetables for an additional 5-7 minutes or until desired temperature.
- Assemble bowls starting with 1 cup of rice or quinoa then layer chicken, ⁄ of the black beans, butternut squash and roasted onion. Top with guacamole, garnish with cilantro and serve.
AGELESS TRANSFORMATIONS NUTRITION PLAN COMPLIANT
WHOLE FOOD PLAN
FAT LOSS BOOSTER