Sausage and Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
- 6 multicolored bell peppers
- 12 oz bag fresh riced cauliflower
- 1 lb chicken or turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small (1/2″) cubes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off each pepper and remove seeds. Place in a greased 13×9 pan.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- In the skillet, add the sausage, and break it apart to form 1/2″ sized crumbles.
- Remove sausage from pan and place into separate bowl.
- In the same hot skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, onion, and sweet potato. Cook until onions are translucent and sweet potato cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Add sausage into cauliflower and mix in feta cheese and parsley.
- Stuff each pepper with sausage mixture, cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil covering and continue to bake for 10 minutes.
AGELESS TRANSFORMATIONS NUTRITION PLAN COMPLIANT
WHOLE FOOD PLAN
FAT LOSS BOOSTER