One-pot Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 strips of scallions (white and green portions chopped + separated)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken*
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- juice of 1 lime
- extra lime wedges to garnish
- Grab a dutch oven or a large pot and heat to medium-high.
- Melt your butter until frothy then add the white portion of your scallions (save the green for later), celery, carrot, and bell pepper. Sauté until tender.
- Add corn, garlic, salt and pepper (start with 1/2 tsp, add more to taste later) oregano, and cumin. Stir well and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Add broth, beans, and corn and bring to a simmer, then add your cooked shredded chicken and scallion greens.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes (may simmer longer if you prefer veggies to soften even further) and season with any additional salt + pepper, to taste.
- Uncover, add spinach and lime juice, and stir.
- Once spinach has wilted serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy some today and squirrel some away for tomorrow – the leftovers ROCK!
AGELESS TRANSFORMATION NUTRITION PLAN COMPLIANT
WHOLE FOOD PLAN
FAT LOSS BOOSTER
You might also be interested in
If your a dog or a cat owner, you likely don’t need clinical research studies to prove what you already know: Your pet helps you feel better. Pets love us no matter what.
Boosting Mood With Food “You are what you eat.” We’ve all heard it. But have you ever thought that you might feel what you eat? Since our bodies and minds
Anti-aging Fitness Plan: Optimal Exercise for Each Decade It’s no secret that as we age we need to be cognizant of the fact that we’re not as young as we
15 Foods that Help Fight Inflammaging Inflammaging is a trending word used to denote the association between inflammation and aging. Despite inflammation being a natural body process, at the root
Ways That Exercise Can Accelerate Aging Some folks believe that too much of a good thing is wonderful. But where exercise is concerned, that just isn’t true! While it is
HIIT: The Ideal Exercise for Healthy Aging Guerrard Altre October 25, 2019 In the ever changing world of health and fitness, there’s always something new. This has its good points