One-pot Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 strips of scallions (white and green portions chopped + separated)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken*
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- juice of 1 lime
- extra lime wedges to garnish
- Grab a dutch oven or a large pot and heat to medium-high.
- Melt your butter until frothy then add the white portion of your scallions (save the green for later), celery, carrot, and bell pepper. Sauté until tender.
- Add corn, garlic, salt and pepper (start with 1/2 tsp, add more to taste later) oregano, and cumin. Stir well and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Add broth, beans, and corn and bring to a simmer, then add your cooked shredded chicken and scallion greens.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes (may simmer longer if you prefer veggies to soften even further) and season with any additional salt + pepper, to taste.
- Uncover, add spinach and lime juice, and stir.
- Once spinach has wilted serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy some today and squirrel some away for tomorrow – the leftovers ROCK!
AGELESS TRANSFORMATION NUTRITION PLAN COMPLIANT
WHOLE FOOD PLAN
FAT LOSS BOOSTER