Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 3 yukon potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp diced fresh sage
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup diced chives
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add butternut squash, potato, and red pepper to a large bowl. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large dutch oven to medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy. (about 5-6 minutes)
- Remove bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.. Leave the remaining bacon grease in the dutch oven and add the onions to it. Saute onions until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic to pan and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the fresh sage, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg. Saute for 30 seconds and add in the vegetable broth. Stir to combine.
- At this point the vegetables in the oven should be done. Add those vegetables to the dutch oven. Stir and cover. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add soup mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, or use an immersion blender.
- Serve, top with fresh herbs, crispy bacon, and chopped chives.
AGELESS TRANSFORMATION NUTRITION PLAN COMPLIANT
WHOLE FOOD PLAN
FAT LOSS BOOSTER
You might also be interested in
If your a dog or a cat owner, you likely don’t need clinical research studies to prove what you already know: Your pet helps you feel better. Pets love us no matter what.
When Skinny Fat Is A Sign: What You Need To Know About Sarcopenia As we begin to experience the signs of aging, doesn’t it seem like there’s a snowball effect
Can You Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss? It happens to the best of us. Sometimes, even if you’re active and eating pretty healthy, weight just appears on your body
Ways That Exercise Can Accelerate Aging Some folks believe that too much of a good thing is wonderful. But where exercise is concerned, that just isn’t true! While it is
Boosting Mood With Food “You are what you eat.” We’ve all heard it. But have you ever thought that you might feel what you eat? Since our bodies and minds
One-pot Chicken and Vegetable Soup 15 minutes prep time 20 minutes cook time 4 servings INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp unsalted butter 3 strips of scallions (white and green portions chopped + separated) 1 red